identify and utilize gifts of seniors to befriend/serve/ lead/ inspire and mentor others to take ” mountains” for God and for His Kingdom
through activities, talks and teachings organized by Caleb85, that may help the Seniors to grow deeper in Word, in Character and in service. – to promote happy, healthy and active lifestyle of aging
promote integrated bonding amongst English and Chinese congregations – to encourage more Seniors to actively participate in our weekly Caleb85 Fellowship
communication of the Good News to the pre-believers through Caleb85 activities
CALEB85 SCHEDULE FOR 2017
- 14/01/2017 – Bethany Home Visitation, LNY Celebration
- 08/02/2017 – Caleb Wednesday Fellowship Lunar New Year Loh Hei
- 04/2017 – Talk on Emergency First Aid with C3A program
- 04 or 05/2017 – Outing
- 02/07/2017 Senior Sunday
- 08 or 09/2017 – Talk on Responses/Countermeasures during Terror Attack / Intruder
- 10/2017 – To organise Rummikub/Chess Competition
- 10/2017 – A Spiritual Talk or Testimony
QUESTIONS FOR ALL CELLS TO FOCUS ON EACH YEAR
Year 1 IDENTITY
- In one sentence, who are you?
- Whats a common misconception people have about you?
- If you knew you were dying in 60 seconds, what would your last words be?
- What is something a lot of people do that you disagree with?
- What do you want to be known for?
- In order of importance, how would you rank: happiness, money, love, health, fame, faith?
- What are the three top qualities you look for in a friend?
- Draw a few circles and put yourself in the centre. Write down the names of those who are closest to you and those who are in a second or third circle.
- How have you contributed to the strengthening of those relationships?
- What have you done that you are truly proud of?
- Whats something you changed your mind about when you grew older?
- If you could go back in time and tell a younger version of yourself one thing, what would you tell?
- Share a timeline of your life with the others
- What is something that you have always wanted to do since you were a kid?
- What do you need to spend more time doing now?
- What issues do you continually refuse to confront?
- What has been on your mind most lately?\What is something new that you recently learnt about yourself?
- Right now at this moment, what do you want the most?
Year 2 BASIC
- How old is old for you?
- What do you find hard doing now that you could ten years or twenty years ago? (e.g. threading needles, turning pages of books, driving at night) What would help?
PLANS FOR FUTURE Living Situation
- Do you want to live in your home for as long as possible?
- Are there things you need to do to your home so it’s safe and comfortable for you as you age?
- Can you make some of those changes now?
- Are you willing to move into a smaller place that’s easier to manage, like a smaller flat
- Has either of you (husband and wife) thought about whether you would want to stay in the house/flat if you were alone?
- Would you be willing to hire someone to help you at home if you can’t do it on your own anymore
- Would you consider moving in with your children? How do you feel about moving into an assisted-living facility?
- Do we know anything about the existing “quality assisted-living facilities” and nursing homes?
- Have you talked to your doctor about the normal aging process?
- Will you consider giving your doctor permission to talk to your children in case we have questions about your medical treatment?
- Can one of your children accompany you to some doctor’s appointments; help to keep track of everything your doctor says at your visit?
- Have you thought about what kind of medical treatment you want in the future and who would make those decisions if you can’t make or communicate them on your own? Have you put these desires in writing?
- How do you feel about being kept alive with ventilators, feeding tubes’ or other interventions? And under what circumstances would you want that? Do we all understand what these terms mean?
- If you have advanced-care-planning documents, where do you keep them? Have you shared them with any family members, doctors, or clergy?
- Have you written a will? Does someone you trust know where it is? Whom should your children/loved ones contact about it?
- Have you consulted a reliable financial planner who can help anticipate your needs as you age?
- Are you willing to have a joint checking account with someone so they can help you pay bills if necessary?
- Will you give someone power of attorney/public guardian over your financial affairs in case there’s a time you can’t handle them yourself?
Wong Chow Ling (Leader), Benson Woon, Doris Koh, Nina Kang, Caroline Lim, Diana Chong, Chan Ka Man, Teresita (Chinese Ministry), Choi Pow Chin (Chinese Ministry)
For more information, please contact Wong Chow Ling at firstname.lastname@example.org